In a earlier post, Green Queen introduced the Green Halloween movement. We simply love it! Here, 10 reasons why Green Halloween is the right choice for your body and for the planet. Or, 10 facts to spout to your friends and family when they ask why you are joining Green Halloween!
- 1) Processed candy is NOT friendly to the environment – from the non biodegradable wrappers to the toxic preservatives, there is nothing Green about industrially produced candy.
- 2) High sugar intakes in children is linked to a host of behavioral problems such as ADHD and ADD.
- 3) Healthy eating habits are best learned early. Green Halloween will teach your kids to make the right choices when they are the most susceptible.
- 4) Adults end up consuming way too much candy on Halloween – go Green and solve the problem.
- 5) Green Halloween means companies and people who make green, healthy options will benefit due to increased demand of their products, thereby greening the planet further and driving the prices for green treats down.
- 6) Green Halloween encourages parents and kids to spend quality time at home making green treats, eco-friendly costumes and home-made greeting cards. Teach them to sow, encourage them to do arts & crafts and introduce them to cooking- all wonderfully fun and green activities.
- 7) Raise Eco-Warriors- Green Halloween promotes the right environmental values to children so they can grow up into sustainably-minded adults.
- 8 ) Improve your children’s life expectancy – our children have a lower life expectancy than we did, due to the worrying trends of diet-related illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Teach them young the importance of a balanced, healthy diet.
- 9) Candies are chemicals- 6,000 chemicals are used in the processed foods industry. On top of that, 30%-90% of non-organic crops contain cancer causing herbicides, pesticides, etc.
- 10) Buying costumes and face paints exposes your children to host of chemicals and toxins such as lead, cadmium, phtalates and more ; buy green or make your own.
For more information on how to go green, sign up to Green Queen!