Green Queen’s Mission
We INFORM. We INSPIRE. We EMPOWER.
We’re running out of time to address the ecological & health ills of our time: climate change, food security, mass extinction, rise in preventable diseases, deforestation, plastic waste, marine pollution, water scarcity & more. Founded by serial social entrepreneur and eco activist Sonalie Figueiras in 2011, Green Queen is an award-winning sustainability & impact media platform advocating for urgent social & environmental change headquartered in Hong Kong SAR. Our mission is to shift consumer behaviour through our original, authentic and groundbreaking content across Asia and beyond.
About Green Queen Media
Green Queen’s multi-channel platform is a trusted brand across Asia and includes:
- Our Award-Winning Online Magazine
- Community Events including Green Queen Release Series & UN SDG #PlantBased Dinner Series
- The world’s first Zero Waste & Vegan Recipe Meal Plan
- Social Media Community – Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest & YouTube
- Weekly Newsletters: Green Queen Weekly (Eco Wellness Lifestyle News, sent to your inbox every Monday) & Green Queen Industry Scoop (Top Sustainability Industry News Headlines, sent to your inbox every Thursday)
- Green Queen BIZ, the first B2B community dedicated to accelerating impact THROUGH PARTNERSHIPS across the region by connecting founders, corporates, organisations & associations to sustainable SDG-focused business solutions across all industry verticals.
- A Zero Waste Journey: LIVE On Air Podcast
The Green Queen Story
A few years ago, Sonalie Figueiras was attempting to live a healthier life in Hong Kong. It was hard work. Putting together an organic meal meant going to 3 supermarkets and 2 health food shops. Replenishing bathroom products meant traveling 45 minutes on the MTR to find eco-friendly shampoo. Cleaning her apartment meant convincing her husband that paying an extra 30% more for what seemed like nothing more than lemon and water was in fact going to save their lungs. But over time, her little ‘green’ book of addresses got longer. Convinced that there were others like her out there, she decided to create an online guide where she could share her findings. And voila! Green Queen was born. Meet the rest of our incredible Green Queen Team.
Our Editorial Policy
Green Queen is an editorially-driven media publication. Over 98% of our content is editorial and independent. Paid posts are clearly marked as such: look for ‘This is a Green Queen Partner Post’ at the bottom of the page.