1. Still think Climate Change is not your problem?
Lau Shui Heung Reservoir now so dried-up it can be walked across
2. MGM Sustainability Director Rebecca Donnellan shows the power in Green Monday numbers
In partnership with the Green Monday initiative, the MGM Macau casino and resort provides a completely plant-based menu in its employee cafeteria every Monday. The resort serves these vegan meals to its 11,000 employees in an effort to become a business leader in employee wellness and…
3. Obesity is not just a ‘ heart disease only’ problem anymore
Earlier studies found links between excess body mass and seven different cancers, but new evidence has found five more
4. Trans fats are now global public enemy #1
The World Health Organization is urging world leaders to work with their legislators, NGOs, and food manufacturers to eradicate dangerous trans fats.
5. The planet’s biggest threat? Humans. We destroy everything…
Human race just 0.01% of all life but has destroyed over 80% of wild mammals
Groundbreaking assessment of all life on Earth reveals humanity’s surprisingly tiny part in it as well as our disproportionate impact
6. China’s regulation change leaves Europe drowning in plastic
OSLO – Europe has sent just over half the plastic waste it used to ship to China to other parts of Asia since Beijing’s environmental crackdown closed the world’s biggest recycling market in January. The knotty problem is what to do with the rest.
7. Investing in vegan stocks = GREAT returns
New Stock Index Makes It Easier For Vegans And Environmentalists To Invest
Vegans and those who care about the environment are about to find it a whole lot easier to invest in companies that align with their ethical values, thanks to the creation of a new stock index. The US Vegan Climate Index excludes companies listed on the…
8. The future of shoes? Plastic ocean waste
Adidas has sold 1 million pairs of sneakers made from ocean trash — and reveals a new normal in footwear
Sustainable footwear is in — and it’s completely changing the way we think about what shoes should be made from.
9. Your plastic trash has made it all the way to the Arctic
Discovery prompts fear that melting ice will allow more plastic to be released back into the oceans.
10. Happy Cow Milk was supposed to right all the wrongs of the dairy industry- it didn’t work out
Herud had to develop a new cowshed to make the dairy industry less harmful to cows
Lead image Credit: adidas via Buisness Insider