Hong Kong is packed with spas and we all love to indulge ourselves as often as we can to counteract our ridiculously busy and hectic lifestyles. Thing is though, most spas and salons uses products filled with toxins that we wouldn’t allow in our own bathrooms! It can be hard to find greener beauty pastures to to speak. We were therefore thrilled to learn of the opening of Iyara Natural + Organic Spa on Hollywood Road and booked ourselves in to investigate further. It’s a tough life but someone’s got to do it…We came out throughly pampered and incredibly rejuvenated with a clear-headed feeling that lasted for days! (Must have been the dearth of toxins!) Below, we list our favorite reasons why you should book in at Iyara ASAP!
- Iyara’s menu covers just about every beauty and relaxation need you can imagine! From a full array of nail services, to body massages, to hair treatments, to facial selections, they have you covered from head to toe. They are also rather popular with the boys so send the MR over when you are feeling generous.
- The entire spa and salon is decked out in recycled & sustainably sourced wood from Thailand and the effect is earthy chic. There’s something incredibly therapeutic and calming about being surrounded by wood. Iyara’s ambience captures a soothing, luxurious feel without being overly formal with relaxing touches like dim lighting and artisanal wall sculptures.
- They have a dedicated scalp therapist on site whose specializes in the health of your head and hair follicles. She uses Plai ginger root essential oil and the Mamma Herbal range, well known in Thailand for its anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, not to mention its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities. Perfect to whip those tresses into optimal shape!
- The hair treatments includes the Signature Marma Herbal Scalp Mask, freshly made during your treatment with mashed avocado (for hydrating), raw honey (for healing) and apricot oil (for nourishing). It doesn’t get any fresher!
- Iyara offers one of the city’s greenest manis! They use all natural cult French nail brand Avril so all polishes are free from parabens, formaldehyde, phtalates, toluene and xylene. Even their polish remover is lemon based! And don’t worry, they do pedicures too.
- Even their cleaning products are eco-friendly- in fact, they make their own with baking soda, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice, as well as fresh pine essential oils! No wonder it smells so lovely in there. No toxic fumes to be felt, which are the bane of many a salon around town…
- They do gorgeous facials using the Sundari range, a selection of organic Ayurvedic products made using therapeutic grade essential oils without synthetic fragrances or dyes.
Iyara Natural + Organic Spa, 2/F, 27 Hollywood Road, Central. For appointments, call +852 2523 8700 or 2523 3896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.