Green Queen’s Mission
We INFORM. We INSPIRE. We EMPOWER.
We’re running out of time to address the ecological & health ills of our time and we believe a circular economy, alternative protein and the food tech revolution are the solutions to our current climate crisis and the best way to advocate for global social and environmental change. Our mission is to shift consumer and corporate behaviour through our original, authentic, and groundbreaking content across Asia and beyond.
In 2020, Green Queen Media was awarded the prestigious Best In World Special Awards Prize by the Hallbars Sustainability Reports Awards, a Swedish organisation that recognises the best planet-led reporting in around the world for our outstanding contribution to raising awareness about climate change.
About Green Queen Media
Green Queen’s multi-channel platform is a trusted brand across Asia and includes:
- Our Award-Winning Online Magazine
- Community Events including Green Queen Release Series & UN SDG #PlantBased Dinner Series
- The world’s first Zero Waste & Vegan Recipe Meal Plan
- Social Media Community – Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest & YouTube
- Lifestyle & Industry Newsletters: Green Queen Weekly (sustainability & eco lifestyle news, sent to your inbox every Monday) & Green Queen Alt Protein Weekly (alternative protein global industry news headlines, sent to your inbox every Thursday), powered by Brinc and Green Queen Alt Fashion Monthly (sustainable fashion news & headlines), sent to your inbox the last Wednesday of every month.
- Green Queen BIZ, the first B2B community dedicated to accelerating impact THROUGH PARTNERSHIPS across the region by connecting founders, corporates, organisations & associations to sustainable SDG-focused business solutions across all industry verticals.
- A Zero Waste Journey: LIVE On Air Podcast
The Green Queen Story
A few years ago, Sonalie Figueiras was attempting to live a healthier life in Hong Kong. It was hard work. Putting together an organic meal meant going to 3 supermarkets and 2 health food shops. Replenishing bathroom products meant traveling 45 minutes on the MTR to find eco-friendly shampoo. Cleaning her apartment meant convincing her husband that paying an extra 30% more for what seemed like nothing more than lemon and water was in fact going to save their lungs. But over time, her little ‘green’ book of addresses got longer. Convinced that there were others like her out there, she decided to create an online guide where she could share her findings. And voila! Green Queen was born. Meet the rest of our incredible Green Queen Team.
Our Editorial Policy
Green Queen is an editorially-driven media publication. Over 98% of our content is editorial and independent. Sponsors and partners have no influence over our editorial decisions. Paid articles are clearly marked as such: look for ‘This is a Green Queen Partner Post’ at the bottom of the page.