This quick and easy recipe for Holy Crap Balls of Goodness are super crunchy, delicious and packed with powerful protein and nutritious superfoods. They’re perfect for your pre/post workout snack, your little one’s afternoon snack, a healthy lift during your mid-afternoon slump at work or a breakfast on the run. Best of all, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and refined sugar free!
Prep Time | 15 mins
Makes | 12 – 15 balls
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 8 – 9 pieces, roughly chopped)
- 3/4 cup Holy Crap Dragon’s Blend, packed with goodness like buckwheat, hemp seeds and chia (Order yours here, they ship worldwide)
- 1/2 cup almond meal/almond flour (blanched or not)
- 1 tbsp desiccated/shredded coconut (unsweetened or not)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (Grade B if you can find)
- 1 tbsp each of desiccated coconut, cacao powder, almond meal for rolling (optional)
- In a food processor, whiz dates until it forms a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz until the mixture starts to form a ball.
- Pull off golf ball-sized portions, then roll between slightly wet hands.
- Roll in coconut, cacao, and almond or leave it as is.
Keep stored in airtight container or jar in the fridge for at least two weeks.
Did You Know? Holy Crap is an award wining breakfast cereal containing organic chia, organic buckwheat, organic hulled hemp seeds, organic raisins, organic dried cranberries, organic apple bits and organic cinnamon.
Did You Know? Almond flour has a higher protein content than any other flour you around.
Did You Know? Maple syrup has very high levels of manganese, a mineral that is required by the human body for enzyme production, wound healing and absorption of nutrients.
Did You Know? Raw cacao has more magnesium (vital for health) and chromium (controls blood sugar levels) than most any other foods on earth.
Did You Know? Raw coconut oil has one of the highest levels of lauric acid of any substance known to us- second only to mother’s breast milk. Lauric acid is a powerful anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral compound.
Did You Know? Medjool dates have more than double the potassium content per weight than bananas.