4 Mins Read
If the whole air-conditioned gym thing is not your thing but you are looking for an intense, multi-purpose workout, then outdoor bootcamps are the perfect solution. When you need a push to do that last rep, the trainers that run the classes listed below are only too happy to motivate you, rain or shine. They also take care of bringing equipment, mats, and anything else you need so you can just show up in your trainers and a water bottle. Get lean in the city’s many parks with our roundup of the best outdoor bootcamps in the city!
- ApeFit offers “animal-inspired” workouts in multiple locations on Hong Kong Island. First class is free, after that classes are HKD 200 and they have packages. Classes are offered in on Saturdays in Sai Ying Pun, mornings in Stanley and Kennedy Town, and evenings in Mid-Levels.
- Circuit25 is “more than a bootcamp, ” in fact they refer to their sessions as “outdoor group personal training.” They have classes in many locations: Mid-Levels Bowen Road, Causeway Bay Victoria Park), Happy Valley Sports Ground, Kowloon Park and soon they will have a West Kowloon session around ICC. Schedule-wise, they have a lot of choice so it’s best to check their website but all locations have morning and evening sessions multiple times a week. They offer a free trial class, and then various packages that average between HKD 100 and HKD 150 a class.
- Fit Eat In offers short intensive lunch time workouts at Hong Kong Park, followed by an organic meal to go so you can get the most out of your lunch hour.
- HK Fitness Training runs one-hour bootcamp classes in South Lantau on Saturdays. Locations may vary but the workout is always a mixture of cardio, resistance training and flexibility.
- Perun Fitness offers bootcamps at three locations in Lantau. They offer a free trial class and after that a single session is HKD 120 with discounted packages available too. They hold morning and evening sessions in Tung Chung, afternoon sessions in Chek Lap Kok, and morning sessions in Lower Cheung Sha Village/South Lantau.
- PRIMAL FIT is an outdoor fitness company that offers evening outdoor bootcamp workouts in various locations around Hong Kong such as Tamar Park (Monday & Wednesdays) and Sun Yat Sen Park (Fridays) with a morning session on Lamma Island every Sunday.
- New Territories Bootcamp offers bootcamp classes in Kowloon Tong and Shatin. They offer an afternoon session in Shatin on Sundays and Tuesdays and a morning session in Kowloon Tong on Thursdays. They offer a free trial class and after that sessions are HKD 180 with discounted packages available.
- Outdoor Fitness offers bootcamp classes in Sai Kung. Lead by a NASM-certified instructor, Outdoor Fitness classes are free on your first go and then HKD 120 per session, with discount packages available. Classes take place at the Wai Man Soccer Pitch in Sai Kung and are offered mornings from Monday to Thursday and evenings Tuesday and Thursday.
- Treece Fitness Discovery Bay offers bootcamps in Discovery Bay. Sessions are HKD 200 each, with discounted packages available. Classes take place Tuesdays and Thursdays mornings, the schedule is available on their Facebook page. Sessions are also offered at the LRC on Old Peak Road on Monday and Friday mornings.
Closed As Of January 2017
- Bikini Fit is a woman-only daily bootcamp with a 12-week membership cycle on Hong Kong Island and in Kowloon. Each 12-week session meets six days a week and is HKD 795 per week. Multiple morning sessions and select evening sessions are offered at Victoria Park in Causeway Bay, Kong Kong Park in Central, Sun Yat Sen Park in Sai Ying Pun and Kowloon Park in Tsim Sha Tsui. JAN 2017 UPDATE: CLOSED
- Elite Personal Training (EPT) is a Southside bootcamp. Their classes are offered in in the early morning in Wong Chuk Hang. A singles session is HKD 350 and they also offer discounted packages. They are also the brains behind Hong Kong’s Biggest Bootcamp, where all proceeds go to charity! JAN 2017 UPDATE: CLOSED
- Moms in Balance HK is a bootcamp designed for pregnant women and those who have just given birth. All sessions take place on Hong Kong Island. They offer a trial class for HKD 150 and monthly plans start from HKD 890. Their three programs, for pregant women, new mothers and moms, are offered in both Causeway Bay and Central. The Causeway Bay classes are in Victoria Park and is offered Thursday mornings and Monday evenings plus one class for mothers on Monday evening. The Central class is at the Botanical Gardens and is offered Saturday mornings and Tuesday evenings, with one class for mothers on Friday morning. JAN 2017 UPDATE: CLOSED
- Gecko Fit & Fun Bootcamp is a cheap and fun workout in Causeway Bay. Organized through Meetup, this bootcamp hold a session every Thursday night at Victoria Park in Causeway Bay. Each class is only HKD 100 and is based on team activities. JAN 2017 UPDATE: CLOSED
Image courtesy of New Territories Bootcamp.