3 Mins Read
Cauliflower is truly having a moment on the global food stage and there are no shortage of ways to cook it. Though many recipes use cauliflower as a substitute (for rice or for pizza dough for example), this one makes the cauliflower the star of the show! And who doesn’t love tacos? These are vegetarian and if you omit the Feta and sub the yogurt for a vegan spread of your choice/coconut yogurt, this can easily be a vegan meal.
Makes 6 hearty tacos
- 6 soft wholewheat tortillas* or wrap of your choice
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 1/12 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 100g assorted tomatoes
- 1 butter lettuce
- 2 jalapeños
- 30g Feta cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt (make here’s your own)
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt & black pepper to season
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground spices and the olive oil into a loose paste. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets and add to the bowl. Mix well to ensure the florets are well coated in the spice mix.
- Place onto a baking sheet and cook in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until soft and slightly charred.
- Once cooked, set the cauliflower aside and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Prep the rest of the taco fillings: slice the tomatoes into small chunks; peel and thinly slice the avocado; mix the Sriracha and half the lemon juice with the Greek yoghurt until well combines; wash the lettuce, separate out the leaves and toss in a bowl with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- To assemble, warm the tortillas, spread yogurt onto the base of the tortilla and top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cauliflower and feta cheese if using. Add a couple of slices of jalapeño and an extra dollop of yogurt and enjoy!
Laura Williams is a Hong Kong expat and part time Native English Teacher, food blogger and photographer. She created My Little Hong Kong Kitchen 18 months ago to share her passion for good food and great produce. Her mission is to create delicious recipes that are easy to follow, healthy and practical to make at home whether cooking for yourself or your whole family. Follow her and her incredible food photography on Instagram and make sure to like her Facebook page.
Photo by Laura Williams.