2 Mins Read
Going green can be overwhelming, seem impossible and appear to require a massive time and money investment to start with. Not so.
Green Queen dishes out 5 easy, wallet-friendly suggestions for greening your home ASAP. Enjoy!
- Get a house plant – any green plant will do. Plants absorb a great deal of toxic air particles in your home. They are nature’s air filters and don’t cost much. They are especially useful in a city home where air-conditioning is used frequently as air-conditioners tend to recycle polluted city air.
- Give Stuff Away – this is an easy one and it’s free. Clean out your home, reclaim your living space and give old books, clothes, shoes, toys and any other knickknacks to people who need it more than you do. Wherever you live there are charities, churches and NGOs that will happily accept donations.
- Buy Baking Soda – instead of polluting your home with harsh, chemical-laden household cleaning products, just buy cheap, regular ol’ baking soda at your local grocery store. When mixed in varying concoctions with lemon juice and/or white distilled vinegar, it can clean just about anything. Click here for homemade cleaning recipes.
- Put a Timer in Your Shower -we all underestimate how much water we use in the shower and we all take water for granted. Note to everyone: water is a scarce resource and we are running out. Green Queen understands that a long, hot shower is a luxurious treat and a part of life. So indulge once a week. The rest of the time, use a run-of-the mill timer and limit yourself to 3-5 mins max!
- Ditch your rugs & carpets – they accumulate so many toxins, dirt, dust, bugs…they are a leading cause of allergies and indoor air pollution! But remember, don’t add to the landfill. Take them to a recycling facilities or give them to charity.