This quick and easy recipe for Holy Crap Balls of Goodness are super crunchy, delicious and packed with powerful protein and nutritious superfoods. They’re perfect for your pre/post workout snack, your little one’s afternoon snack, a healthy lift during your mid-afternoon slump at work or a breakfast on the run. Best of all, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and refined sugar free!
Prep Time | 15 mins
Makes | 12 – 15 balls
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 8 – 9 pieces, roughly chopped)
- 3/4 cup Holy Crap Dragon’s Blend, packed with goodness like buckwheat, hemp seeds and chia (Order yours here, they ship worldwide)
- 1/2 cup almond meal/almond flour (blanched or not)
- 1 tbsp desiccated/shredded coconut (unsweetened or not)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (Grade B if you can find)
- 1 tbsp each of desiccated coconut, cacao powder, almond meal for rolling (optional)
- In a food processor, whiz dates until it forms a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz until the mixture starts to form a ball.
- Pull off golf ball-sized portions, then roll between slightly wet hands.
- Roll in coconut, cacao, and almond or leave it as is.
Keep stored in airtight container or jar in the fridge for at least two weeks.