Establishing an exercise routine – while so good for you! – can only take you so far. Unless you know exactly what and how you’re working out, it can be quite intimidating. That’s why group fitness classes can be so beneficial – being coached under the supervision of trained instructors with a small class size of people in your community can help you reach your fitness goals. Finding energetic, motivating workouts to maximize efficiency and deliver results, while being supported and motivated by a group is important, which is why we came up with awesome gyms and studios that offer everything you need for the sweat sesh you’re looking for. This list is by no means a comprehensive list; there are scores of amazing workouts in the city you can find without costing you an arm and a leg BUT below are Green Queen’s faves.
Here are the top ten group fitness classes in Hong Kong for under HK$ 350 that you need to know about:
5 Classes under HK$ 350
- H-Kore will be sure to tone, sculpt, shake and sweat you through 45 minutes on their state of the art Megaformer machines utilizing high-intensity training, low-impact movements and constant muscle engagement. Click here to read our review. Single session: HK$ 350
- Pherform is a fun, high energy women’s-only health and fitness facility in Central. With expert instructors getting you the best workout you can handle in 45 minutes, try any of their 12 classes to get you in the zone. Single session: HK$ 325
- F45, or Functional 45, offers an all-in-one workout for those looking for a mix of cardio and resistance training. Switching up their routines at each station to blast through your workout regime, we love how each workout is only 40 seconds before moving on to the next. Click here to read our review. Single Session: HK$ 310
- BounceLimit is Asia’s first trampoline fitness studio offering over 10 difference functional and bodyweight classes on your very own rebounder in their Sheung Wan home. Absorbing up to 85% shock impact, this workout is perfect for those with prior injuries and pains or anyone who just loves jumping. Single Session: HK$ 300
- Flex Studio seamlessly combines Yoga, Pilates. Xtend Barre and a series of cardio and strength classes in two locations around the city- Cenral and Wong Chuk Hang. Incorporating traditional physical conditioning techniques to create the most efficient and effective full body workout, they offer a comprehensive schedule of group fitness classes to help you sculpt, tone, strengthen and stretch. Click here to read our Flex 10-Hour Challenge diary. Single Session: HK$ 300
5 Classes under HK$ 300
- Lights//Out is a brand new hypnotic boxing workout set in a dimly lit North Point studio with pulse-pounding playlists, combining circuits on their Aqua Bags and dumbbells in high intensity interval training. Single Session: HK$ 275
- HIT45 is an indoor bootcamp studio offering a personalized approach to high intensity group training classes. Mixing cardio, free weights and body weight exercises to help you burn fat, build strength, tone up and improve your fitness levels, this Central gym is here to deliver a full body workout. Single Session: 270
- Fierce Fitness and Dance Studio offers aerial, pole dancing, chair or stretch classes in Tsim Sha Tsui for everybody and every body. Whether you’re looking for a new workout or to learn how to stretch, this local studio is a great place to make fitness a big part of your routine. Single Session: 200
- Flaunt Studio offers a high intensity bootcamp workout in addition to their award-winning pole dance classes in their Sheung Wan digs. Accessible for all fitness levels, bring your energy and motivation and be prepared to sweat. Single Session: HK$180
- Sitpinyo is a small but fully equipped Muay Thai, boxing, circuit and functional training facility located in Central. With champion Thai boxing instructors at the helm, learn the training skills of close-combat boxing all while getting a great sweat sesh in! Single Session: HK$ 180
Lead image courtesy of F45.