1. Exercise is NOT the key to weight loss & weight management
A group of experts likens the food industry’s PR “machinery” to big tobacco’s. Ouch.
2. China does not want the world’s plastic recycling anymore. Where will it go?
Since Jan. 1, China has banned imports of 24 kinds of waste, including materials used in plastic bottles, in a campaign against “foreign garbage.”
3. World’s Third Largest Retailer Tesco Debuts Vegan Takeaway Food Line In 600 Stores
The ‘Wicked Kitchen’ brand includes ready meals, wraps, salads, and pizza
4. There are too many second hand clothes on the planet & no one knows what to do with them
A once-virtuous cycle is breaking down. What now?
5. Can McDonalds’s Win The War On Waste With Its New Eco Packaging Campaign?
All of its restaurants will also feature recycling bins.
6. UK Supermarket Chain Iceland Goes Plastic-Free In History Making Pledge
Iceland becomes first supermarket to go ‘plastic-free’ for own brand products in landmark announcement
Iceland has become the first major retailer to commit to eliminating plastic packaging for all its own brand products within five years to help end the “scourge” of plastic pollution. The retailer said it would be replacing plastic with packaging including paper and pulp trays and paper bags,…
7. If you are heavily pregnant, you should stay away from places with high air pollution
(Reuters Health) – – Women who breathe polluted air during the month right before or after they get pregnant may be more likely to have babies with birth defects, a U.S. recent study suggests.
8. Here’s why diets DON’T work according to scientific researchers
The only people who don’t seem to appreciate that cutting calories doesn’t lead to long-term success are people who have never dieted.
9. South East Asia is facing a MAJOR fish crisis due to climate change
Climate change, drought, and development have devastated Cambodia’s Tonle Sap Lake, which feeds millions across Southeast Asia
10. Ex Con & Vegan Activist Joey Carbstrong Told Hong Kongers Vegans Have A Duty To Be Activists
Australian who had an epiphany while in prison for a gang-related crime channels the assertiveness he once used to intimidate people into turning others on to veganism; he recently joined protests against Hong Kong abbatoir
Image credit: Reuters