2 Mins Read
This Roasted Carrot & Chili Hummus is a brilliant dish for those of us always on the go. It’s colorful, vibrant, nourishing and yet so easy to make! No to mention that it’s absolutely delicious to snack on. Use crudites and/or gluten-free crackers for a gluten-free final dish.
- 3 large carrots
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 heaped tsp tahini
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp chili flakes (plus extra to serve)
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil (plus extra to serve)
- Filtered water (to loosen)
- Tofu Ricotta (optional, to serve)
- Toasted pumpkin seeeds (optional, to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Peel and slice the carrot lengthways into four. Make incisions into the carrots to help the cook more quickly and drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and let roast in oven for 20-30 mins.
- Place the drained chickpeas, garlic, tahini, chili and a pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor. Add the cooked carrots and blitz. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Next, slowly add in the oil whilst pulsing, alternating with water until you achieve your preferred consistency.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds, a few more chili flakes and a little of our crumbled tofu ricotta. A final drizzle of olive oil finishes the whole plate nicely.
- Serve with warm pitta, crackers and/or crudités for the perfect sharing platter.
Laura Williams is a Hong Kong expat and part time Native English Teacher, food blogger and photographer. She created My Little Hong Kong Kitchen 18 months ago to share her passion for good food and great produce. Her mission is to create delicious recipes that are easy to follow, healthy and practical to make at home whether cooking for yourself or your whole family. Follow her and her incredible food photography on Instagram and make sure to like her Facebook page.
Photo by Laura Williams.