SDG Campaign Togetherband Launches 100% Recycled Gender-Free Loungewear Line

3 Mins Read

Togetherband, the nonprofit campaign developed by British sustainable accessories label Bottletop, has debuted its first 100% recycled loungewear collection. Launched earlier this month on Global Recycling Day, the new gender-free Togetherwear line features sweatshirts, hoodies and tees made from recycled organic cotton and recovered plastic bottles, and is designed to engage people all over the world to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). 

Making its debut on Global Recycling Day (March 18), the new stay-at-home-friendly loungewear collection Togetherwear – stylised #TOGETHERWEAR – is the charity foundation’s latest initiative to drive awareness and action on the SDGs. Powered by the British upcycled label Bottletop, whose fans include A-listers such as David Beckham and Emma Watson, the campaign is widely known for its wristbands that spotlight each of the 17 goals outlined by the U.N. for 2030, made from ocean plastic waste and reclaimed firearm metal from El Salvador. 

The latest loungewear collection is the newest addition to the foundation’s existing range of upcycled and repurposed material masks, bottles and wristbands, and will be made from 100% recycled yarns – of which 60% is derived from recycled organic cotton that would have otherwise ended up in landfills and the other 40% coming from recovered plastic bottles. 

Manufacturing each piece also undergoes stringent sustainability standards, with each Togetherwear garment only using GOTS-approved dyes and water-efficient processes, and the production taking place in a renewable energy powered factory in India, certified under the Global Recycle Standard (GRS) and Organic Content Standard (OCS).

Togetherwear tees (Source: Togetherband)

Available in three colours – black, white and dark grey – the t-shirts, sweatshirts, tote bags and hoodies in the collection will support the Togetherfund, which backs select NGOs around the world who are advancing critical work on the SDGs. 

Retailing for £30 (US$41), all the pieces are branded with its iconic “#TOGETHER” logo, coming in 100% recycled and an “impact code” to detail its support for specifically SDG Goal 12 – responsible consumption and production. 

While the garments are not yet available at Bottletop’s Hong Kong store, which opened in late 2019 at sustainable LEED building certified mall K11 Musea, they will be sold at its flagship Regent Street outlet in London, as well as on its global e-commerce store. 

Togetherwear hoodie and t-shirt (Source: Togetherband)

Bottletop says that the line is “designed to raise consciousness of our route map for a healthy planet…while inviting the fashion industry to move towards more circular supply chain management and use of recycled materials in product design at all costs.” 

Previously, Bottletop has partnered with Green Queen Media as part of the platform’s SDG Dinner Series to spotlight responsible production and consumption, which saw the brand’s co-founder Oliver Wayman share his insights on industry-wide change and the mission of the Togetherband campaign.

All images courtesy of Togetherband.


  • Sally Ho

    Sally Ho is Green Queen's former resident writer and lead reporter. Passionate about the environment, social issues and health, she is always looking into the latest climate stories in Hong Kong and beyond. A long-time vegan, she also hopes to promote healthy and plant-based lifestyle choices in Asia. Sally has a background in Politics and International Relations from her studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science.

You might also like