If you frequent Facebook, then you’ve probably seen one of the many recipe videos that auto-play on your feed. There is something so engaging about these one minute videos. They are little packages of goodness: visually entrancing, incredibly helpful (especially for those who are not native kitchen gurus) and fast-paced, so you won’t get bored or spend too long learning a recipe. Do these content editors understand the iPhone generation or what?
Buzzfeed’s Tasty page, which launched in July 2015 and is credited with starting the addictive recipe video trend (seriously: we sometimes have to force ourselves to stop watching), now has over 68 million likes and loads of other language and/or cuisine-specific Facebook pages: Tasty Miam is the French one, Bien Tasty is the Spanish one, Proper Tasty is the British one, etc…But what about the healthy one? Well we scoured Facebook and found the best veggie-forward video recipe pages for you! Make sure to LIKE them all so the latest recipes pop up in your feed on the regular. You’re Welcome.
Here’s why these recipe pages are so popular and why we love them so much:
- The recipes are all vegetarian, plant-based or 100% vegan (many are naturally gluten-free too).
- The recipes are easy: you don’t have to be a trained chef to make them.
- The videos offer a step by step tutorial where you can see exactly how everything is made so there is no confusion, which can easily happen with written recipes.
- The recipes use ingredients that are accessible (for the most part).
- There are LOADS of snack and dessert options: great for healthy indulgence!
- The pages are all totally free. You can’t beat free.
The Tasty K – Plant-Based
Green Queen Loves: how ingenious is this Vegan ‘BLT’ Sandwich with ‘rice paper’ bacon?
The Buddhist Chef – Vegan
Green Queen Loves: this Tofu Scramble makes for a yummy and nourishing breakfast.
Bosh TV – Plant-Based
Green Queen Loves: this multi-colored eggplant, zucchini and carrot Spiral Tart is the perfect healthy lunch.